This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetic friendly products

I think it would be neat to have a thread with some of the D-friendly products we've found to be good and tasty as well as healthy. Maybe if the Admin. would sticky this to the top I'll add any new replys to the list as they are posted.

Peanut Butter- "Naturally More" brand from walmart. Has flaxseed and flaxseed oil along with omega 3 & omega 6.

Wasa Crackers- There are several types but the fiber rye seems to be the lowest carb count around 5g I think after deducting the fiber.

Hummus- I love making my own, just mash up some canned garbozo beans (chick peas) and add some roasted veggies like red pepper and garlic or whatever flavoring you like. Goes mighty good on a couple of the wasa crackers.

Burrito Wraps- There are lots of low carb versions, Mission being the best known but also the most expensive at around $4 for a package of 8. I buy mine at Kroger and walmart and they run around $2 for a pack of 8.
    I spread on a spoonful of pizza sauce on a wrap, add some green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and cheese and nuke it for 3 minutes and you have a nice low carb pizza with probably less than 15 carbs depending on your toppings.

I love this list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beef or Turkey Jerky, In traditional or teriyaki flavors. Quick for bringing down glucose too and keeps the growlies away.

Kettle cooked Chips with dairy case chunky Guacamole. This is not something you would want to eat all the time. I eat this as the only thing all day long.

Sunflower seeds honey roasted or plain salted), cashews or pistachios. Salted varieties are wonderful and handy.

South Beach sandwich wrap kit. Caesar or Asian are wonderful. Handy and filling. They come with Jell-O

Winkies Sugar Free Jell-O and a can of extra heavy whipped cream. Less carb than sugar free/fat free varieties.

4 percent milkfat cottage cheese and Smuckers sugar free or low sugar jams. Instead of the topping that are in the doubles use the jam it tastes the same.

Yoplait Whips Light yogurts or Lights yogurts in Creamsicle, lemon meringue pie and any f the chocolates are to die for!

Carb control ice cream. Mixed with Slimfast shake powder and a touch of milk makes a " malt shop" extra thick shake!

Kellogg's All bran crackers. High fiber in each serving

Thomas 100 high fiber English muffins, tomatoe paste and Italian blend cheese.. Mini pizzas that are sinless! These muffins have 10 grams of carb in an entire muffin! Mangia!

Cheese and fruit. Hard cheeses like Swiss and Irish farmer are great with any sweet fruit.
    Fiber Sure or fiber additive that can be cooked!!!!!! Makes any food better.

Lipton Diet Green tea with Citrus.. Addictive and delicious especially when taken from the freezer where it forms a nice ice shelf!

julie

Comment

Another low carb totilla wrapper (and I believe the lowest one)--is La tortilla Factory--there is 50 calories, 12 carbs, 2 fat, and 5 protein.

Comment

La Tortilla Factory

I agree that they are a good bet. There are small ones for 50 calories and then dinner plate sized wraps that range from 80 - 100 calories with low car and high fiber.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty View Post
          I think it would be neat to have a thread with some of the D-friendly products we've found to be good and tasty as well as healthy. Maybe if the Admin. would sticky this to the top I'll add any new replys to the list as they are posted.

Peanut Butter- "Naturally More" brand from walmart. Has flaxseed and flaxseed oil along with omega 3 & omega 6.

Wasa Crackers- There are several types but the fiber rye seems to be the lowest carb count around 5g I think after deducting the fiber.

Hummus- I love making my own, just mash up some canned garbozo beans (chick peas) and add some roasted veggies like red pepper and garlic or whatever flavoring you like. Goes mighty good on a couple of the wasa crackers.

Burrito Wraps- There are lots of low carb versions, Mission being the best known but also the most expensive at around $4 for a package of 8. I buy mine at Kroger and walmart and they run around $2 for a pack of 8.
          I spread on a spoonful of pizza sauce on a wrap, add some green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and cheese and nuke it for 3 minutes and you have a nice low carb pizza with probably less than 15 carbs depending on your toppings.

Thanks for the list. It's very helpful.:-)

Comment

Working...
          X