Sweets In Moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweets In Moderation

What is a good model/standard for allowing children to eat sweets in moderation?
    What is too much?
    How do you decide?

Diabetes doesn't always comes from sweets, it happens when our body fails to secrete insulin for solving excessive sugar in your body.Sweets can be consumed if they do proper exercises to check the level of sugar in the body.

Comment

Sugar free candy made for diabetics can be a good solution. Allowing kids the sweets they crave without all the risks. I have tried sugar free candy and they are pretty good!

Comment

sometimes it is hard to decide
        looking on the back of the product, and seeing all those chemicals that were used for the artificial sweetener... it sometimes seems to be a better choice to just allow them to have real sugar in moderation, instead of trying to feed them substitutes

I don't know, I am just thinking outloud

Comment

It might be best to limit sweets because they come with a multitude of additional problems such as obesity.

Comment

Originally posted by alessadry View Post
            Sugar free candy made for diabetics can be a good solution. Allowing kids the sweets they crave without all the risks. I have tried sugar free candy and they are pretty good!
            Exactly, sometimes I opt for sugar-free candy myself. My husband and I like Strawberry Cream Savers candy, they are available in sugar-free version. I bought it once, and I don't think I'll buy regular again - it tastes exactly the same, just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lissy View Post
              Exactly, sometimes I opt for sugar-free candy myself. My husband and I like Strawberry Cream Savers candy, they are available in sugar-free version. I bought it once, and I don't think I'll buy regular again - it tastes exactly the same, just as good.
              Well Florentin your thinking out loud is right artificial sweetener are not good for the little people. if a type 1 child must have sugar look at the crab find the candy with the lowest crab intake that way you can continue your carb count and adjust your insulin injections from their. Like my son is on a 1 20 crab ratio and he loves sweet tarts candy they only have 4g crabs so if he eats a a pack it doesn't affect his sugars and it is under is carb ratio.

Comment

Working...
              X