If you have diabetes, you know that a glucometer is a vital to your health. With a FreeStyle glucometer, diabetes patients can draw blood for the purpose of determining blood sugar levels (glucose) at a given time.
Typically blood glucose monitoring is performed by piercing the skin with a lancet (needle). A drop of blood is then placed on disposable test strips. Next, the meter reads and analyzes the blood. On the FreeStyle glucose meter, the numbers are displayed in two ways: “mg/dl” (milligrams/deciliter), the traditional blood glucose meter standard, or “mmol/l” (millimoles/liter), the global standard unit for blood glucose monitoring.
Why Use A FreeStyle Glucometer to Measure Blood Sugar?
But why is home blood glucose monitoring (HBGM) essential for diabetes patients? Research shows that achieving normal blood glucose levels with a FreeStyle glucometer is vital for managing diabetes.
Quality equipment, such as glucose test strips or a FreeStyle glucose meter, imparts valuable diabetes management benefits. A FreeStyle blood glucose meter also analyzes complications for hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia (high and low blood sugar, respectively). This process can be time-consuming, inconvenient and painful. But all that has changed with the development of the FreeStyle glucose meter!
FreeStyle Glucometer Benefits Revealed
We thank you for clicking on ADW Diabetes, the Internet’s leading source for diabetes products. A FreeStyle glucose meter offers the following benefits:
- Smaller Amounts of Blood – Unlike typical glucose meters, a FreeStyle glucometer allows users to apply far less blood to the glucose test strip. You apply 0.3 microliter blood sample size, the world’s smallest sample size. Five seconds later, the results appear on the FreeStyle Glucometer, saving time AND FreeStyle test strips!
- Convenience & Safety: – Satisfied users have reported that a FreeStyle Meter rewards comfort, as these devices are easily held. Blood samples can be drawn from the upper arm, forearms, hands, fingers, thighs, and calves. A FreeStyle Glucometer is also equipped with a larger display screen, making it easier to read.
- Accurate & Long-Lasting: With a FreeStyle Glucose Meter, coding is unnecessary, so you don’t have to enter special codes. This provides accurate readings, and up to 400 results (including date and time) can be stored. Plus, a FreeStyle meter sports four reminder alarms, enabling 7-, 14- and 30-day averages
Look to ADW for FreeStyle Glucometer Deals!
At ADW Diabetes, you’ll be transported to an online superstore for diabetic supplies. We carry the full line of FreeStyle Meter products, including blood glucose meters and testing strips.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Make a Commitment to Fitness - April 5, 2017
- What May Cause Your Muscle Aches and Pains When You Have Diabetes? - April 3, 2017
- Overlooked Cheap and Healthy Foods - March 29, 2017