The DexCom G5 Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitor System Transmitter is designed to help you achieve your glycemic goals by monitoring the risk for hypoglycemia as well as following elevated blood sugars. The CGM goes beyond giving a number for a single point in time. It shows where the glucose is, where it goes and how fast it gets there. Its purpose is to monitor trends and prevent problems in blood sugar management before they happen. Users need to have the GS Mobile transmitter, GS Mobile receiver and DexCom G4 platinum sensors to operate the system.
- The DexCom G5 Mobile is the first and only CGM system approved for adults and children 2 years of age and older. This savvy mobile system goes beyond a regular glucose meter with features that show where the glucose is, the path it is traveling and how quickly it is getting there. It tracks the trends as they happen and can prevent a blood sugar crisis.
- The system uses Bluetooth technology built into the transmitter. This allows for remote viewing of glucose levels, trends and data from any compatible smart device. Its mobile app helps operators stay one step ahead of their diabetes with readings every 5 minutes. The system, through secure wireless connections, makes it possible for people with diabetes to share glucose levels, trends and data. This is a great advantage for spouses, parents, practitioners and other people providing patient support.
- It is highly affective at sending alerts on smart devices if a user’s blood sugar is trending too low or too high. These alerts are sent via an alarm or discreet text message. Users can also keep track of customized events that affect glucose levels on any compatible mobile device. Through DexCom cloud-based reports, the user can see how daily activities impact glucose levels for better diabetes management.
- This featured system now has DexCom Clarity Cloud Based Reporting Software. The software quickly identifies glucose patterns on a simplified dashboard. Patients can see trends and access data anywhere, including during visits to doctors’ offices where it can be easily downloaded.
To take advantage of the many features provided by the DexCom G5 Mobile Continuous Glucose Monitor System Transmitter, a physician order is required. Please provide your physician’s information during checkout. At this time, we are unable to ship this product to North Dakota. ADW Diabetes is extremely pleased to offer cutting edge products to help you achieve improved diabetes management.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017