Testing blood glucose levels is critical if you want to control your diabetes. The more information you have and provide to your healthcare team, the more adjustments can be made to improve your diabetes control and overall health. There are many blood glucose monitors on the market and you need to decide which one is best for you. Learning about the different features of these monitors will help you make the best decision. Bayer’s Contour monitor is very easy to use. For those people who do not wish to have excessive options and buttons but want an easy to handle meter this may be the one for you.
- No coding
- 5 second results
- Alternative site testing
- Tiny blood sample (0.6 micro liters)
- Comfortable to hold
- Simple to use
- 7, 14 and 30 day averages
- Ability to download your results to your computer so you can envision patterns in your blood glucose readings – an important aspect for diabetes care
- Easy flip-top bottle for test strip freshness and simple use
Bayer Contour Test Strips:
These glucose test strips allow the tester to simply “plug” it into the meter while the sip-in action accepts the tiny blood sample into the strip. Be sure to look for patterns in your blood sugar readings and vary the times that you test. Consider testing pre and post-prandially (before and 2 hours after the first bite of your meal). Do this for each meal to learn how your body is reacting to your food, exercise, stress, medication, etc. Test at bedtime and the next morning to see what occurs overnight when you are not eating for several hours. All of this information helps you and your healthcare team to determine your best course of treatment. Take control of your diabetes.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- ADW Diabetes Supports The 2nd Annual Naples Diabetes Conference - November 23, 2016
- Restaurant Code Words to Watch Out For - November 21, 2016
- Cardio vs. Weight Resistance Training - November 14, 2016