Makes 12 servings.
1 (18.25-ounce) package light yellow cake mix
1⅓ cups water
3 large egg whites
2 cups sliced strawberries
2 to 3 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™
Milk Custard (recipe below)
1 cup raspberries
2 nectarines or peaches, sliced
1 medium banana, sliced
1 pint blueberries
Light whipped topping
1. Make cake mix according to package directions, using water and egg whites; bake in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Cool on wire rack. Cut half the cake into 1-inch cubes (freeze or reserve remaining cake for another use).
2. Process strawberries in blender or food processor until smooth; stir in Equal® Spoonful™.
3. Layer ⅓ of the cake cubes in bottom of 2-quart glass serving bowl. Spoon ⅓ of the Milk Custard and strawberry puree over cake and top with ⅓ of the raspberries, nectarines, banana and blueberries. Repeat layers 2 times.
4. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with whipped topping.
1 cup skim milk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 to 4 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful™
1. Heat milk just to boiling in small saucepan; remove from heat. Mix eggs and flour in small bowl. Stir about ¼ cup hot milk into egg mixture; stir egg mixture into milk in saucepan.
2. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Cool until warm; stir in nutmeg and Equal® Spoonful™. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Saturated Fat: <1g
Total Fat: 3g
Food Exchanges: ½ Skim Milk, 1 Starch, 1 Fruit
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.