- 1 lb lean beef or turkey breast, cubbed
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium red or green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, finely minced
- 5 cups of beef or turkey broth with fat removed
- 5 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 12 small carrots
- 1 1/4 cup green peas
- Preheat oven 375°F
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper and cumin together. Roll the beef or turkey cubes in the mixture and shake off extra flour.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef or turkey cubs and saute until nicely brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Place meat in a casserole dish.
- Add garlic, onions, celery, and peppers into skillet and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoe and broth to skillet and stir. Bring to a boil and poor over cubed meat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Daily Servings According to Diabetes Food Guide Pyramid
Grains/Beans/Starchy Vegetables Group: 1
Vegetable Group: 1
Meat Group: 1
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 5 Servings|