- 1/2 cup Splenda Granular
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup reduced calorie margarine, melted (25% less fat and calories)
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced into 1/4 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Splenda Granular
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons reduced calorie margarine (25% less fat and calories)
- Preheat Oven at 350°F (180°C).
- Spray 9 x 9 x 2 inch metal baking pan with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine Splenda Granular, flour, cinnamon and margarine. Stir until well blended.
- Separate mixture into small clumps, approximately 1/4 teaspoon each and place on cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and crumble into fine, uniform texture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine apple pieces and lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, Splenda Granular and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over apples and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add melted margarine to mixture and stir until combined. Set aside.
- 1/2 cup softened reduced calorie margarine (24% less fat and calories)
- 3/4 cup egg substitute at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Splenda Granular
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, shifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk at room temperature
- In a large mixing bowl, beat margarine with an electric mixer on high speed for 1 minute. Add egg substitute and beat on high for 1 minute. Add Splenda Granular and beat on medium speed until thoroughly blended, about 1 minute.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add 1/2 cup of the flour mixture into the margarine / egg mixture. Beat on low speed until ingredients are blended.
- Add 1/4 cup fat-free milk to above mixture. Beat on low speed until ingredients are blended.
- Add another 1/2 cup of the flour mixture to above mixture. Beat on low speed until ingredients are blended.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. Spread apple layer evenly over cake layer. Sprinkle topping over apple layer and press in lightly.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 16 Servings|
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017