Low-Cal Gelatin Jewel Dessert
Makes 12 servings.
1 (3¼ ounce) package lime sugar-free gelatin
1 (3¼ ounce) package orange sugar-free gelatin
2 (3¼ ounce each) packages strawberry sugar-free gelatin - divided use
4 cups boiling water - divided use
2 cups cold water - divided use
1 (8 ounce) tub nondairy sugar-free whipped topping, thawed - divided use
1. Prepare lime, orange and one package of the strawberry gelatins in 3 separate bowls as directed on packages, using 1 cup of the boiling water and ½ cup of the cold water for each flavor.
2. Pour each flavored gelatin into a separate 8-inch square pan. Refrigerate until firm. Cut gelatin into ½-inch cubes. Measure out 1½ cups gelatin cubes from each flavor for a total of 4½ cups. (Remaining gelatin cubes can be used for snacking, if desired.)
3. Add the remaining 1 cup boiling water to the remaining package of strawberry gelatin; stir until completely dissolved. Stir in remaining ½ cup cold water. Refrigerate until slightly thickened (the consistency of unbeaten egg whites). Fold in half of the whipped topping and the 4½ cups gelatin cubes; stir gently until well blended. Pour into 9 x 5-inch pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours. Unmold.
5. Pipe remaining whipped topping on dessert to garnish, if desired. Cut into slices to serve. Store in refrigerator.