Makes 4 servings.
1 slice bacon
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup ketchup
½ cup apple juice
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
2½ teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 8 packets Equal® sweetener or ⅓ cup Equal® Spoonful™
12 ounces thinly sliced roast beef
4 kaiser rolls (optional)
1. Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces; cook in medium saucepan over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until almost cooked. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp and onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Combine ketchup, apple juice, vinegar, mustard , Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; add to bacon mixture. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until flavors are blended, 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Stir in Equal® and sliced beef. Serve warm on rolls, if desired.
1. Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces and place in 1½ quart microwavable casserole.
2. Cook, uncovered, at HIGH 1 minute. Add onion and cook at HIGH 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until bacon is crisp and onion is tender, stirring once.
3. Combine ketchup, apple juice, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; add to bacon mixture. Cook, covered, at HIGH 4 to 5 minutes or until boiling.
4. Cook at MEDIUM 8 to 10 minutes or until flavors are blended, stirring twice. Stir in Equal® and sliced beef. Serve warm.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Food Exchanges: 3 Meat, 1 Bread
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.