Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast
Makes 11 servings.
2 (16 ounce) cans jellied cranberry sauce
½ cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
½ cup cranberry juice
1 teaspoon mustard powder
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
4 pounds pork roast
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
Salt to taste
1. Mash cranberry sauce with a fork or a potato masher. Stir in SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener, cranberry juice, mustard, and cloves.
2. Place pork roast in a large, roasting pan. Pour cranberry sauce mixture over the roast.
3. Cook at 275°F (135°C) for 6 to 8 hours, or until meat is tender. Remove roast, and keep warm.
4. With a metal spoon, skim the fat from the liquid in the roasting pan. Pour 2 cups of the remaining roasting liquid (add water to fill out the measure if necessary) into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
5. Blend cornstarch and cold water to make a paste; stir gradually into boiling liquid.
6. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
7. Add salt to taste. Serve with the roast.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Calories from Fat: 80
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbs: 35g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Note: Submitted by a home cook, this recipe has not been tested by the SPLENDA® Test Kitchens.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.