Makes 12 servings.
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup margarine
½ cup skim milk
1. Mix flour, baking powder, and salt into bowl.
2. Cut in shortening thoroughly, until mixture looks like meal.
3. Stir in milk. Round up dough on a lightly floured board.
4. Knead lightly 20 to 25 times. Roll ½ inch thick.
5. Cut with a floured biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Saturated Fat: 1g
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat