Sensitive to shellfish, but can eat fish? This seafood salad lets you enjoy seafood without being deprived or itchy. This salad is a favorite spring and summer salad. This recipe can be a great appetizer for any seafood dinner, but if dinner isn’t what you wanted, it can also make a really great mid-day snack or light lunch!
- 1 pound crab substitute or crab flavored seafood, flaked
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 6 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted and halved
- Salad greens
- In a large bowl, mix together the crab substitute, celery, bell pepper, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, and just enough mayonnaise to hold it together. Adjust the seasonings to taste.
- Scoop into and over the avocado halves. Garnish each plate with some salad greens.
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017