If desired, fish can be broiled rather than grilled for the same amount of time.
Fennel Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1/4 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 to 1/3 Equal® Spoonful™
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Fennel Vinaigrette Directions
- Combine all ingredients in covered jar; shake to blend thoroughly. Set aside.
Tuna Salad Ingredients
- 4 cups Boston leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups curly endive
- 1 cup enoki or common mushrooms
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced red pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions and tops
- 1 1/2 pounds tuna, halibut or swordfish steaks
- Fennel Vinaigrette
Tuna Salad Directions
- Combine greens, mushrooms, tomatoes, pepper wedges and onions in salad bowl.
- Grill fish over medium-hot coals until fish is tender and flakes with a fork, about 10 minutes. Remove skin and any bones from fish and discard. Break fish into large chunks.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss; add fish and toss gently.
- Serve in bowls or on large plates.
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.