You may substitute 1 (16-oz) package frozen Oriental-Style Vegetables, cooked and drained, for the fresh vegetables listed below. Stir fry chicken, ginger root and garlic in all of the vegetable oil about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Combine chicken broth, Equal®, soy sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil until smooth. Stir into chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat until thick and clear. Stir in cooked vegetables until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 5 ounces pitted dried plums, quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sweet-hot mustard
- 3 whole-wheat pita breads, halved
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In medium bowl, combine turkey, dried plums, celery, yogurt, green onions and mustard until thoroughly mixed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Store, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To serve, open pita pocket half, place 1 lettuce leaf and spoon ½ cup turkey mixture inside.
Food Exchanges: 3 Meat, 1 Fruit.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||9%|
Recipe provided courtesy of the Dried Plum Board.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017