My Granny’s Famous Stuffed Bell Pepper is a recipe passed down to me from my grandmother. This famous family dish does is completely vegan and is great for a quick and easy meal!
- ½ cup brown rice (cooked)
- 1 Large bell peppers
- ½ cup crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp. ginger/garlic paste
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green and red bell peppers
- ½ tsp. soy sauce
- Take a Medium size skillet, heat the olive oil and add onion, garlic, tomato and chopped bell peppers (red and green) and sauté it until the onions are transparent.
- Now add the ginger/garlic paste to the onion and sauté it for 3 to 5 minutes and close the lid.
- Now Add the cooked rice to the onion mix and sauté it for 5 minutes and add the soy sauce stir thoroughly to mix well.
- Cut tops off of the bell peppers and remove seeds, rinse clean.
- Scoop the sautéed rice mixture into bell peppers and place in oven to warm peppers about 10 minutes.
- Garnish it with cilantro and Serve immediately.
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017