- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 1 cup converted rice (Not instant rice)
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Equal® Spoonful (or 24 packets of Equal sweetener)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg (optional)
- Heat water and cinnamon stick to boiling in large saucepan; stir in rice.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed. Discard cinnamon stick.
- Stir in milk and salt; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken, stirring frequently. (Milk will not be absorbed and pudding will thicken when it cools.) Remove from heat and cool 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in Equal®.
- Beat egg yolks, egg whites and vanilla in small bowl until blended. Stir about 1/2 cup rice mixture into egg mixture. Stir back into saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in raisins.
- Spoon pudding into serving bowl. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Food exchanges: 1 Milk, 2 Starch, 1/2 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017