Chicken Noodle Supersoup isn’t your grandmother’s chicken noodle soup. It’s spicy, with lots of vegetables including broccoli and leeks. Spices like garlic, crushed red peppers and the heat of the soup helps with the throat, decongestion by breaking up mucus and helps fight viral infections.
- 2 medium leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thickly sliced celery
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups 1-inch chunks cooked boneless chicken
- 4 ounces fine or medium egg noodles
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the leeks in half lengthwise, wash well, and then slice thinly. Set a large pot over medium heat and add the leeks, carrots, celery, broth, and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the chicken, noodles, broccoli, garlic, and red pepper flackes. Cook over low heat until the noodles are tender, 5 to 10 minutes depending upon the type of noodles you use. Stir in the thyme. Remove from the heat and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls to serve.
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017