- 2 pounds carrots, sliced and cooked until tender
- 1/4 cup melted margarine
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Equal for recipes (12 packets Equal sweetener or 1/2 cup Equal Spoonful)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 large egg whites, beaten to stiff peaks
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Equal for Recipes (8 packets Equal sweetener or 1/3 cup Equal Spoonful)
- 1 tablespoon cold margarine, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/4 chopped blanched almonds (optional)
- Orange Sauce(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Slice and cook carrots until tender
- Add carrots to food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Mix carrots, melted margarine, egg yolk and 3 1/2 teaspoons of Equal for Recipes in a large bowl until blended. Add 1/3 cup flour, baking powder and salt and mix.
- Mix in raisins, chopped blanched almonds (optional) and cheese. Stir about 1/3 of the egg whites into carrot mixture. Fold the remaining egg whites into mixture.
- Spread carrot mixture evenly in a greased 8×8″ baking pan.
- Mix 3 tbsps flour and 2 1/2 tsps Equal in small bowl. Cut margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over carrot mixture and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake pudding until browned and set, about 50 minutes. Cut into squares.
- Serve warm with orange sauce if desired.
Food Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 Bread, 1 1/2 Fat
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 9 Servings|
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017