Make Brunch for Dinner Casserole in the morning to be ready for dinner, or at night to serve for brunch the next day. It needs to be assembled and then refrigerated for about 8 hours. Then all you need to do is bake it. Adding some fresh fruit on the side gives it a nice touch (a bunch of grapes, sliced mango or papaya, or cinnamon apples).
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 6 slices white or whole wheat bread, cubed
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 3/4 pound bulk sausage, sausage patties, or bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup thinly sliced button mushrooms
- Lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish. Spread the bread cubes evenly over the bottom. Coarsely grate the cheese over the bred cubes. Sprinkle the crumbled meat over the cheese.
- In a medium-size bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, and mustard. Pour over the contents of the casserole. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms evenly across the top of the casserole. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes. Scoop to serve.
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Summer Skin Care with Diabetes - June 28, 2017
- Make a Commitment to Fitness - April 5, 2017
- What May Cause Your Muscle Aches and Pains When You Have Diabetes? - April 3, 2017