- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided use
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs or whole wheat cracker crumbs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pink grapefruit, sectioned
- 1/2 cup 100% Florida grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 heads Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 pound green beans, steamed 2 to 4 minutes until crisp tender
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Coat a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 435°F (220°C).
- Place almonds, flax meal and salt on a large piece of wax paper or aluminum foil. Mix with fingertips until the flax is well combined.
- Place egg whites in a shallow bowl. Sprinkle chicken with half the salt and pepper on both sides.
- Dip chicken in egg and press into the bread crumb mixture to coat both sides. Transfer to baking sheet and spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the topping is crunchy.
- Mix olive oil, mustard, basil, 1/2 cup grapefruit juice and remaining salt in large bowl with lettuce.
- Cut one half of the grapefruit into sections.
- Add grapefruit and green beans into salad and toss.
- Serve immediately with chicken.
Makes 4 Servings.
Recipe created by “Skinny Chef” Jennifer Iserloh.