- 2 (4.8 oz) packages of pasta with 4-cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 (10oz) package frozen, chopped broccoli
- 1 (14 oz) can Alaska salmon, drained and chunked
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In large saucepan, prepare packaged pasta according to low fat directions, stirring in an additional 1/2 cup milk.
- Microwave broccoli on HIGH for 3 minutes, rotating occationally and pulling apart to thaw.
- During the last 3 minutes of pasta cook time, blend in broccoli, salmon and lemon-pepper seasoning.
Makes 4 Servings.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
Marlene graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in nutrition from U.C.L.A. in 1986 and is one of a select group of dietitians to hold an advanced certificate in Child and Adolescent Weight Management from the American Dietetic Association. Combining her love of food with her educational foundation, she has held such positions as Hospital Foodservice Director, Nutrition Professor, Cooking Instructor for the Columbus State Culinary Academy and as a national nutrition educator to chefs for the American Culinary Federation. Her passion for teaching others how to make healthy food taste delicious also extend to her private nutrition practice specializing in weight loss, diabetes, and wellness.
Marlene loves to teach (and to eat!); her energetic and upbeat style has made her a popular food and nutrition speaker for organizations such as the American Diabetes and American Heart Associations and sought after for television and radio appearances which have included affiliates for ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and Shaw TV (Vancouver) and radio stations nationwide.