There are a few diabetes articles that I keep bookmarked on my laptop because I am always going to them as a reference point for information. Similarly, I do the same with some of the diabetes publications that I get in the mail, especially if I find something that I can share with a patient or co-worker.
Re-reading material is an excellent way to ensure that you are truly getting the most out of what is being introduced. Things re-read today may make more sense to you and your diabetes management program now versus when first read weeks, months, or even years ago.
Here are a few articles that may be just as, if not more, beneficial to you today than when first encountered.
- Get tips on making positive lifestyle changes – How to Really Accomplish Lifestyle Changes
- Need a refresher on why oral healthcare is so important when you have diabetes? – Basic Oral Care Tips – Dental Health
- Here are some summer tips for people with diabetes – Summer Sun Tips
- Learn more about how a registered dietitian can help you – The Role of the Registered Dietitian
- Have questions about diabetes medication? Read this! – Q and A From a Diabetes Practice – Medication
Keep reading and keep learning!
NOTE: Consult your doctor first to make sure my recommendations fit your special health needs.
She is a member of the American Diabetes Association as well as the South Florida Association of Diabetes Educators. She worked with the education department of NBMC to help educate the hospital's in-patient nurses about diabetes. She practices a healthy lifestyle and has worked as a personal fitness trainer in the past.
She was one of the initiators of the North Broward Diabetes Center (NBMC) which started in 1990 and was one of the first American Diabetes Association (ADA) certified programs in Broward County, Florida for nearly two decades. Robbie has educated patients to care for themselves and has counseled them on healthy eating, heart disease, high lipids, use of glucometers, insulin and many other aspects of diabetes care. The NBMC Diabetes Center received the Valor Award from the American Diabetes Center for excellent care to their patients. Robbie has volunteered over the years as leader of many diabetes support groups.
Latest posts by Roberta Kleinman (see all)
- There is Never a Better Time to Learn (or Re-Learn) The Basics of Diabetes - September 13, 2017
- Common Diabetes Questions Get Answered - September 6, 2017
- More Easy Summer Tips to Learn When You Have Diabetes - August 16, 2017