- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup no calorie sweetener, granulated
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, salt, ground black pepper, eggs, onion flakes and 1/2 of the can of tomato sauce. Mix together well and place into a 5×9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the remaining tomato sauce, brown sugar blend, vinegar, granulated sweetener and mustard. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- After meatloaf has cooked for 40 minutes, remove from oven and pour sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Return to oven and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 20 more minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Food Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Fats
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||300|
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.