Penne Pasta with Blue Cheese and Walnuts is a rich-tasting, fabulous pasta dish that is tasty, but is also fairly light in calories.
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for the pasta
- 12 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and toss with a little olive oil to keep it from sticking together, and cover to keep warm.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the cheese. Stir constantly until the cheese is melted. Pour the melted cheese over the pasta, sprinkle with the walnuts and basil, and toss well. Serve immediately.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- ADW Diabetes Supports The 2nd Annual Naples Diabetes Conference - November 23, 2016
- Restaurant Code Words to Watch Out For - November 21, 2016
- Cardio vs. Weight Resistance Training - November 14, 2016