- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 12 slices (3/4″ each)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) Garbanzo beans or Great Northern beans or 1½ cups cooked dry-packaged Garbanzo beans or Great Northern beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free Caesar or Italian salad dressing
- 4 pita breads, warm
- 4 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flatten pork tenderloin slices between 2 pieces of plastic wrap with a rolling pin or gently pound pork with the flat side of a meat mallet.
- Cook pork in oil in medium skillet over medium to medium-high heat until no longer pink in the center, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper toweling and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix beans, tomato, onion, cucumber, garlic, salad dressing and salt and pepper until well blended.
- For each pita, arrange 3 pork medallions on half of pita.
- Spoon 1/2 cup ban mixture on other half and top with one tablespoon yogurt. Fold pitas in half to eat, or eat open-face with knife and fork.
- Serve immedately.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||20%|
Recipe provided courtesy of The Bean Education & Awareness Network.