November has been designated as National Diabetes Awareness Month by the American Diabetes Association and the National Institutes of Health. This will be a great month to raise awareness about diabetes among family & friends.
In recognition of this, we are also doing our part to celebrate the month by offering an outstanding special during the month of November:
- For the entire month of November we are reducing the price on 20 of our most popular products.
- We will also be having 2 Special Offer Coupons in recognition of World Diabetes Day. On Sunday, November 14 through Monday, November 15, we will be offering our customers Special Offer Coupons that they can use on our site on those two days.
We’re hoping that our customers take full advantage of these offers.
Here at American Diabetes Wholesale, we understand that diabetes continues to be a serious threat to the health of millions of people around the world; we are all doing what we can, both individually and collectively as a company, to “keep diabetes management affordable.”
We’re happy to do what we can to increase diabetes awareness during this month.
Data from the 2007 National Diabetes Fact Sheet (the most recent year for which data is available):
- 23.6 million children and adults in the United States (7.8% of the population) have diabetes.
- 17.9 million people have been diagnosed with diabetes.
- Another 5.7 million people are undiagnosed do not know that they have diabetes.
- Pre-diabetes: 57 million people
- 1.6 million new cases of diabetes are diagnosed in people aged 20 years and older each year.
Famous People with Diabetes
- Halle Berry – Actress (The Flintstones, X-Men, Die Another Day)
- Randy Jackson – Musician, producer, American Idol judge
- Don Francisco – Television Host (Sabado Gigante)
- Nell Carter – Actress (Gimme a Break)
- Jay Cutler – Football Player, Chicago Bears
- Arthur Ashe – Tennis – Wimbledon winner
- Jerry Stackhouse – NBA Basketball Player – Miami Heat
- James Brown – ‘The Godfather of Soul’
- Johnny Cash – ‘The Man in Black’
- B.B. King – Blues Singer and Musician
- Bret Michaels – Singer (Poison)
- Luther Vandross – Singer
For more information about November’s National Diabetes Month and World Diabetes Day (Sunday 11/14) you can visit these websites:
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Make a Commitment to Fitness - April 5, 2017
- What May Cause Your Muscle Aches and Pains When You Have Diabetes? - April 3, 2017
- Overlooked Cheap and Healthy Foods - March 29, 2017