Middle Eastern Lentils and Spinach is a delicious dish used as a side for any main course meal. This recipe is quick, easy and best of all, healthy! Middle Eastern Lentils and Spinach Serves 5.
- 1-tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1-teaspoon ground coriander
- 1-teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 cups of spinach
- 2, 15-ounce cans green lentils drained
- Juice of half lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onions, and cook gently for around 6 to 8 min, or until tender.
- Add the coriander and cumin and stir for a few seconds over the heat as the aroma is released, then add the spinach, continue to cook for around 10 min, as the spinach shrinks and becomes tender.
- When the spinach is done, add the lentils and cook for a few min until they are hot. Then stir in the garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- ADW Diabetes Supports The 2nd Annual Naples Diabetes Conference - November 23, 2016
- Restaurant Code Words to Watch Out For - November 21, 2016
- Cardio vs. Weight Resistance Training - November 14, 2016