Lemon Sage Turkey Fillets is a simple and subtle dish with elegant flavors. I like it served with noodles or pasta, but it would also go well with roasted baby potatoes.
- 1 pound turkey breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 lemons
- 3 tablespoons ground sage
- 1 teaspon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces dry egg noodles or pasta
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the turkey fillets between two sheets of waxed paper and pound lightly with a mallet to no more than 1/2-inch thickness. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey fillets and cook until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the turkey to a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the juice of 3 of the lems, the sage, mustard, salt, and pepper. Spread the lemon mixture over the browned turkey fillets. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the turkey is cooked through.
- While the turkey is in the oven, prepare the noodles according to the package directions. Also, add the green beans to a steamer basket in a pot of simmering water; cover and steam until they are hot and just slightly tender. (Or you may stir-fry them briefly in a 1 teaspoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.)
- Cut the remaining lemon into wedges. Serve the turkey with the noodles and green beans, and garnish with the lemon wedges.
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Summer Skin Care with Diabetes - June 28, 2017
- Make a Commitment to Fitness - April 5, 2017
- What May Cause Your Muscle Aches and Pains When You Have Diabetes? - April 3, 2017