- 4 lemons, sliced
- 1½ cups firmly packed fresh mint or basil leaves
- 6 to 8 cups bottled water or tap water
- 6 to 8 cups ice cubes
- Fresh mint or basil sprigs
- Place lemon slices in a large pitcher.
- Carefully rub the 1 1/2 cups mint leaves between the palms of your hands to slightly bruise the leaves. Add to the pitcher with lemon.
- Pour in water. Cover and chill for 1 to 8 hours.
- Strain lemon-water mixture. Discard herbs.
- Divide lemon slices and additional fresh mint or basil sprigs equally among 6 to 8 tall glasses or pint-sized canning jars. For each serving, add 1 cup of ice cubes; fill with the lemon water.
- Serve immedately.
Food Exchanges: 1 1/3 Starches, 1 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 8 Servings|
|Calories From Fat:||0g|
Recipe courtesy of Cooks Recipes whom provides many fine recipes for diabetic diets. Since its online debut in 1999, CooksRecipes.com has become one of the more popular and largest cooking and recipe sites on the Internet.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017