- 1 quart skim milk
- 5 large eggs
- 5 tsp Equal® for Recipes or 16 packets Equal® sweetener or 2/3 cup Equal® Spoonful™
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Orange Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 cup fresh orange segments or canned drained Mandarin orange segments
- Mint sprigs
- Preheat oven at 325 °F.
- Heat milk just to simmering in medium saucepan. Beat eggs until foamy in medium bowl; gradually whisk milk into eggs. Stir in Equal® and vanilla.
- Pour mixture through strainer into ungreased 1-quart casserole or souffle dish. Place casserole in roasting pan on middle rack of oven and cover with lid or aluminum foil. Pour 2-inches hot water into roasting pan.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until custard is set and sharp knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
- Remove dish from roasting pan and cool to room temperature on wire rack. Refrigerate until chilled, 5 to 6 hours.
- Spoon custard into dishes; top with Orange Sauce (see below) and orange segments. Garnish with mint.
Orange Sauce Ingredients
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp Equal for Recipes or 3 packets Equal sweetener or 2 tbsp Equal Spoonful
Orange Sauce Directions
- Mix orange juice and cornstarch in small saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in Equal®.
- Cool to room temperature; refrigerate until chilled.
Food Exchanges: 1 Milk, 1/2 Fruit, 1 Fat.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 6 Servings|
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.
Leave A Comment