- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 bell peppers – red green and yellow, cut into rings
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons fresh Jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut chicken breasts into 1″ strips.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and stir fry until lightly browned – about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for a few seconds, stirring consistently. Add bell peppers, onion, cumin, oregano and jalapeño peppers for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and tender.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper. Combine well and serve immediately
Food Exchanges: 3 Low-Fat Meat, 1 Vegetable
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017