Brown Rice Casserole is a family favorite especially for Thanksgiving. It is a great alternative to fatty, high carb side dishes. This casserole with Fruit and Almonds Serves 4
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 teaspoons chopped red onion
- 1 small apple, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped almonds
- Bring rice and water to a boil. Cover tightly and cook on low for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
Chef’s notes: This casserole is a satisfying side with crunch and natural sweetness.
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- ADW Diabetes Supports The 2nd Annual Naples Diabetes Conference - November 23, 2016
- Restaurant Code Words to Watch Out For - November 21, 2016
- Cardio vs. Weight Resistance Training - November 14, 2016