Baked Tilapia or Flounder is one of my favorite dishes to make. This dish is very easy to prepare and is great with either Tilapia or Flounder. Of course almost any fish will work but if your going cost effective, then the less expensive fish is better. This recipe is great for those who are diabetics or just want a nice light meal.
- 4 6-ounce fillets of flounder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 bell peppers, red and yellow
- Cooking spray
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon crushed dried
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the fillets in an oven proof-baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Char the bell peppers using either a gas range burner or the broiler. Quickly place in a paper bag to steam. Remove when cool enough to handle. Remove the skin and seeds. Chop.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until onions are transparent.
- Add the bell peppers and tomatoes and cook stirring over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tarragon and vinegar.
- Spoon the vegetables over the fish fillets and bake for 15 to 18 minutes until the fish is just opaque.
- Serve immediately.
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Summer Skin Care with Diabetes - June 28, 2017
- Make a Commitment to Fitness - April 5, 2017
- What May Cause Your Muscle Aches and Pains When You Have Diabetes? - April 3, 2017