Homemade salsas are a great alternative to vegetables and salads and are a terrific accompaniment to a simple (and fast) baked cod or other fish.
- 2 large avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 14-ounce can corn kernels, drained
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small lime
- 4 cod fillets (1 to 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can whole white potatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the avocado, corn, tomatoes, parsley, and juice of 1/2 lime. Chill until ready to serve.
- Place the cod fillets in a lightly oiled 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Drizzle with 1 teasopon of the oil and the juice of the remaining 1/2 lime; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fish is baking, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Rinse and dry the canned potatoes and add them to the hot oil, stirring. Sprinkle the onion flakes over the potatoes. Cook, stirring, until the potatoes are brown on all sides, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve the fish hot, topped by the cold salsa, with the potatoes on the side.
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- Inolife R&D Signs LOI With ADW Diabetes to Make Its Inojex Needle-Free Injector Available to Diabetics in USA - April 12, 2018
- Sexual Health & Diabetes - March 13, 2018
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017