- 1 tbsp of butter or margarine
- 1/2 thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cups dried, unseasoned package of bread cubes
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp Equal Spoonful (or 3 packets of Equal sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chickenbreast halves (6oz each), pounded to 1/4″ thickness
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Equal Spoonful (or 3 packets of Equal sweetner)
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add green onions and stir mixture 1 to 2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- In a medium sized bowl, Mix bread cubes and cranberries together then add in onion mixture.
- In a sauce pan, boil 1/3 cup apple juice and 1/3 cup water. Add to bowl with bread cubes, cranberry and onion mixture with 2 tablespoons of Equal and stir.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lay chicken breasts on flat surface. Place 1/2 cup stuffing mixture in center of each chicken breast. Fold in sides of the chicken to form a “bundle” and secure each with wooden picks.
- Place chicken bundles in shallow, sprayed baking pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken and stuffing reach 160°F and chicken juices are clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups apple juice, 1/2 cup water, cornstarch and lemon juice stir until smooth.
- Change to medium heat until boiling. Stir frequently until glaze thickens
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of Equal.
- Spoon glaze over baked chicken and serve.
Food Exchanges: 6 Very Lean Meat, 1 Starch, 1 Fruit
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 4 Servings|