- 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1/3 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almons, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine 1/2 cup Splenda and water in small heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Continue cooking, without stirring, until mixture is golden in color (about 4 minutes). Immediately poor mixture evenly into 9-inch cake pan.
- Mixture will harden and may crack slightly as it cools.
- Combine coconut milk and skim milk in a saucepan. Bring to boil.
- Beat eggs and yolks at high speed with an electric mixer until foamy. Gradually add 1/3 cup Splenda, beating until blended.
- Poor mixture over caramelized Splenda in cake pan.
- Place cake pan on a roasting pan and add hot water to a depth of 1 inch in the roasting pan.
- Bake for 40 jmjinutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake pan from water and cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
- Cover an chill for 8 hours overnight
- Loosen edges with a thin knife. Invert flan onto serving plate, sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve.
Toasted Almond Directions:
- Spread almonds on an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake in a 350°F oven 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occational until lightly browned.
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starches, 3 Fats.
Recipe courtesy of Splenda, Inc. SPlenda is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics.
|Nutritional Info (per serving):|
|Makes 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat:||150|