In the past week I have met with dozens of people with diabetes as we work together towards the goal of obtaining better overall health. I met with people that were newly diagnosed and I met with people that have been working towards better diabetes management for years.
One common thread that is shared by all of us – we can ALL learn more. And then try to take what we’ve learned and apply it to our specific management plan.
Here are few articles that I’ve written in the past that I am constantly referring back to. Maybe you, too, will find something new in one or many of them that you can adapt to your lifestyle.
- Want to learn a few tips about maintaining your weight while on insulin? – Tips for Taking Insulin Without Weight Gain
- Tips to protect your kidneys – Tips to Protect Your Kidneys
- Understand why it is so important to take your medication as prescribed – Take Your Medication as Prescribed
- Try to eliminate these foods from your diet – Five Fake Foods to Avoid
- Learn how to speed up your metabolism – Rev Up Your Metabolism
Keep reading and keep learning!
NOTE: Consult your doctor first to make sure my recommendations fit your special health needs.
She is a member of the American Diabetes Association as well as the South Florida Association of Diabetes Educators. She worked with the education department of NBMC to help educate the hospital's in-patient nurses about diabetes. She practices a healthy lifestyle and has worked as a personal fitness trainer in the past.
She was one of the initiators of the North Broward Diabetes Center (NBMC) which started in 1990 and was one of the first American Diabetes Association (ADA) certified programs in Broward County, Florida for nearly two decades. Robbie has educated patients to care for themselves and has counseled them on healthy eating, heart disease, high lipids, use of glucometers, insulin and many other aspects of diabetes care. The NBMC Diabetes Center received the Valor Award from the American Diabetes Center for excellent care to their patients. Robbie has volunteered over the years as leader of many diabetes support groups.
Latest posts by Roberta Kleinman (see all)
- Brittle Type 1 Diabetes OR Type 1 Diabetes – Which is it? - December 12, 2017
- 10 Holiday Food Myths That Can Mess with Your Blood Sugar - November 28, 2017
- How to Combat A Cold & The Flu - November 8, 2017