In the past few weeks I have had great dialogue with dozens of diabetic pet owners with questions about obtaining better overall health for their pets. I met with people that were newly diagnosed and I met with people that have been working towards better diabetes management for years.
One common thread that is shared by all of us – we can all learn more. And then try to take what we’ve learned and apply it to the specific management plan laid out for our pet.
Here are few articles that I’ve written in the past that I am constantly referring back to. Maybe you will find these tips helpful. Maybe you can apply them to your lifestyle. Happy Reading!
- See if any of these lifestyle changes can work for you – Small Lifestyle Choices That Can Impact Diabetic Regulation For Pets
- Need a few pointers on obtaining samples for your blood glucose testing? – Tips on Getting a Sample of Blood for the Glucose Meter
- Learn about the importance of good oral healthcare for your diabetic pet – Dental Care for Your Pets
- Keep your home safer for your pet – Toxins and Hazards Around the House
Keep reading and keep learning!
NOTE: Consult your veterinarian to confirm that my recommendations are applicable for the health needs of your pet.
Latest posts by Dr . Joi Sutton (see all)
- Dr. Joi’s Tips For Traveling With Pets - May 18, 2017
- Fructosamine Testing & Feeding Schedules | Ask Dr. Joi - May 11, 2017
- Help! My Dog is Still Itchy! | Ask Dr. Joi - May 4, 2017