Buckwheat with Lemon and Herbs is a phenomenal dish involving buckwheat seeds. This recipe is great for a low calorie, tasty side dish or main course that you can serve with almost anything. This recipe serves 5
- 1-cup organic untoasted buckwheat
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- Long strands of rind from 1 lemon
- Juice from one lemon
- 5 heaping tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 4 heaping tablespoons minced chives
- 5 green onions cut into shreds
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Rinse the buckwheat in a sieve under cold running water, put into a dry sauce pan, and cook over a moderate heat for about 5 min, stirring from time to time, until it smells fragrantly toasted, and looks a bit golden.
- Pour 2 cups boiling water into a saucepan, standing back to avoid being scalded from the steam that may rise. Cover the pan and leave for 15 min, off the heat, or over gentle heat if you want it softer.
- Using a fork, stir the olive oil, lemon rind and juice, parsley, chives, and green onions into the buck wheat. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Contributed By: Celebrity Chef Charles Mattocks
Latest posts by ADW Diabetes (see all)
- 7 Creative New Year Resolutions for People with Diabetes - December 26, 2017
- Zesty Broccoli Salad - October 10, 2017
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread - September 21, 2017