It can be very challenging to keep portions in control. At times it seems nearly impossible not to eat everything on our plate. Didn’t our parents encourage us to “clean our plates”? We now know how important portion control is for blood sugar control as well as weight/calorie control. Yet, we still need a little help!
Here are some examples of portion controlled items that we carry to help you stay within your calorie and glucose “budget”:
Walden Farms products are ZERO calories, carbs, fat and sugar! They are sweetened with Splenda (Sucralose) and very tasty! Contains trace calories with additional servings.
- Walden Farms Pancake Syrup Packets
- Walden Farms Flavored Chocolate Syrup Packets
- Walden Farms Salad Dressing 1 ounce packets: Thousand Island, Honey Dijon, Creamy Bacon Salad, Italian Salad Dressing and Ranch
Extend Bars, Shakes and Crisps are designed specifically for the person with diabetes, since they digest over a longer period of time. This helps glucose levels remain balanced and the spikes and dips are avoided.
- Extend Bars: Peanut Butter Chocolate Delight, Peanut Delight, Apple Cinnamon Delight, Mixed Berry Delight, Chocolate Crunch, Peanut Butter Crunch, Chocolate Delight
- Extend Crisps: Cinnamon, Honey BBQ, Italian Herb, White Cheddar, and Zesty Ranch. These are delicious crunchy chips!
- Extend shakes: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry – you can even add some peanut butter and blend them up!
Omega Smart Bars are made with the highest quality of ingredients to keep your body strong while feeling satisfied!
- Omega Smart Nutrition Bars: Pomegranate Strawberry Colada, Organic Chocolate Nut, Banana Chocolate Chip
Glucerna Bars and shakes are designed for the person with diabetes as a meal or snack replacement. Use the “mini bars” for a quick pick-me-up! The shakes come in unique and delicious flavors in a convenient bottle.
- Glucerna Mini Snack Bars: Oatmeal Raisin, Cinnamon Bun, Chocolate Peanut and Chocolate Peanut
- Glucerna Snack Bars: Chocolate Chunk, Caramel Nut, Blueberry, Chocolate Caramel and Chocolate Peanut
- Glucerna Shakes: Butter Pecan, Creamy Chocolate, Strawberries & Cream, Vanilla and Strawberry
Murray’s Sugar Free Cookies are so tasty and have zero processed sugar!
- Murray’s Sugar Free Cookies: Chocolate Chip, Shortbread, Chocolate Créme, Créme and Lemon Créme
Boost Shakes are delicious, made to help balance glucose levels and come in a convenient bottle so you can reseal it if necessary!
- Nestle Glucose Control Boost shakes: Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry
Brothers All Natural Fruit Crisps are my very favorite snack! They are very tasty without all the sugar that occurs naturally in fruit – the excess sugar is extracted but not the fiber, nutrients or taste! And they are lower in calories and carbs!
- Brothers All Natural fruit chips: Fuji Apple, Apple Cinnamon, Asian Pear, Strawberry & Banana, Pineapple, Strawberry, Banana, Mixed Berry, and White & Yellow Peach.
Use these kitchen accessories to make it easier on yourself. The EatSmart scale and the diabetes portion plate are learning tools.
- EatSmart Nutrition Scale: a simple way to calculate your nutrients and measure portions. No guessing!
- Portion Plate: a great way to determine portions without weighing and measuring!
NOTE: Consult your doctor first to make sure my recommendations fit your special health needs.
Latest posts by Marci Sloane (see all)
- Veggie Mexican - September 21, 2017
- Diabetes Medications & Possible Nutrient Deficiency - August 17, 2011
- Eat for Strength, not Weakness - July 6, 2011