The UltiCare VetRx Syringes by Ulti Med are made specifically for veterinary use. Many veterinarians are now prescribing Protamine & Porcine Zinc Insulin (PZI & Vetsulin) known as U-40.
- U-100 insulin has 100 units of active insulin in each milliliter (ml) of liquid
- U-40 insulin has 40 units of active insulin in each milliliter (ml) of liquid
Though not a diluted form of insulin, U-40 is weaker, thus allowing for larger, more easily measurable doses for small animals. The UltiCare VetRx syringe allows for more simplified and accurate dosing of U-40 medications, without complicated mathematical conversions, giving diabetic pet owners an ease-of-use and level of accuracy that had not been available until now.
The volume of the syringe will affect the maximum number of units that can be given. For example a 3/10 cc U-40 syringe can hold 3/10 x 40 or 12 units. Likewise, a 3/10 cc U-100 syringe can hold 3/10 x 100 or 30 units. Larger veterinary patients may need ½ cc or 1 cc volume syringes.
Works in 3 easy steps:
- All-in one syringe storage and disposal container
- Safe and tamperproof - Helps prevent accidental needle sticks
- Convenient and ready to use
UltiCare VetRx Syringes:
- Remove one package of syringes
- After use, place syringe one at a time into the roller at top
- Turn knob until syringe drops into containter
- For 20 units or less
- 29 gauge 1/2" (12.7mm) needle
- UltiGuard Home Insulin Syringe Dispenser and Sharps Container
- Case of 5 Boxes of 100 latex-free UltiCare VetRx U-40 1/2cc - 29 gauge x 1/2" syringes in convenient packs of 10
Do Not Overfill. Use only with syringes purchased with container
. For veterinary use only.