The UltiCare Syringes by Ulti Med are made specifically for your pet. Many veterinarians are now prescribing Protamine & Porcine Zinc Insulin (PZI & Vetsulin) known as U-40.
- U-100 insulin has 100 units of active insulin in each milliliter (ml) of liquid
- U-40 insulin has 40 units of active insulin in each milliliter (ml) of liquid
Though not a diluted form of insulin, U-40 is weaker, thus allowing for larger, more easily measurable doses for small animals. The UltiCare syringe allows for more simplified and accurate dosing of U-40 medications, without complicated mathematical conversions, giving diabetic pet owners an ease-of-use and level of accuracy that had not been available until now.
Smaller volume insulin syringes have a barrel that holds less volume. This feature makes it easier to draw in the proper amount of insulin.
Works in 3 easy steps:
- All-in one syringe storage and disposal container
- Safe and tamperproof - Helps prevent accidental needle sticks
- Convenient and ready to use
- Remove one package of syringes
- After use, place syringe one at a time into the roller at top
- Turn knob until syringe drops into containter
- For 40 units or less
- 29 gauge 1/2" (12.7mm) needle
- UltiGuard Home Insulin Syringe Dispenser and Sharps Container
- 100 latex-free UltiCare U-40 1cc - 29 gauge x 1/2" syringes in convenient packs of 10
Do Not Overfill. Use only with syringes purchased with container