About the FreeStyle Libre 14 Day System:
- No fingersticks* for up to 14 days
- Painless1 scan provides real-time glucose readings for insulin dosing*
- Easy to wear. Easy to check1
- Accurate2 glucose readings & trends without fingersticks*
- Simple, accurate2, and more affordable‡
- Why fingerstick* when you can scan?
- Real-time glucose readings with a painless1 scan
- A painless1 1-second scan instead of fingersticks*
- The FreeStyle Libre 14 day system reduces the hassles1 of glucose monitoring
- The FreeStyle Libre 14 day sensor automatically measures glucose readings day and night§ and is accurate2 for insulin dosing*
- Water resistant sensor. Swim†, shower, and exercise
- Each scan shows 8 hours of glucose history
- Comfortable1 to wear
- Easy to use, accurate2, and affordable‡
The FreeStyle Libre 14 Day Reader Kit Includes:
- USB cable
- Power adapter
- User manual
- Quick start guide
- Quick reference card
- Interactive Tutorial
- Sensors not included
* Fingersticks are required for treatment decisions when you see Check Blood Glucose symbol, when symptoms do not match system readings, when you suspect readings may be inaccurate, or when you experience symptoms that may be due to high or low blood glucose.
†Sensor is water-resistant in up to 1 meter (3 feet) of water. Do not immerse longer than 30 minutes.
‡Based on a comparison of list price of the FreeStyle Libre 14 day system versus competitors' CGM systems. The actual cost to patients may or may not be lower than other CGM systems, depending on the amount covered by insurance, if any.
§Based on the sensor being replaced once every 14 days, and scanned at least once every 8 hours.
- Haak, Thomas, et al. Flash glucose-sensing technology as a replacement for blood glucose monitoring for the management of insulin-treated type 2 diabetes: a multicentre, open-label randomised controlled trial. Diabetes Therapy 8.1 (2017): 55-73. DOI: 10.1007/s13300-016-0223-6.
- FreeStyle Libre 14 day User's Manual.
Indications and Important Safety Information
FreeStyle Libre 14 day Flash Glucose Monitoring system is a continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) devices indicated for replacing blood glucose testing and detecting trends and tracking patterns aiding in the detection of episodes of hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia, facilitating both acute and long-term therapy adjustments in persons (age 18 and older) with diabetes. The system is intended for single patient use and require a prescription. CONTRAINDICATIONS: Remove the sensor before MRI, CT scan, X-ray, or diathermy treatment.
WARNINGS/LIMITATIONS: Do not ignore symptoms that may be due to low or high blood glucose, hypoglycemic unawareness, or dehydration. Check sensor glucose readings with a blood glucose meter when Check Blood Glucose symbol appears, when symptoms do not match system readings, or when readings are suspected to be inaccurate. The system does not have alarms unless the sensor is scanned, and the system contains small parts that may be dangerous if swallowed. The system is not approved for pregnant women, persons on dialysis, or critically-ill population. Sensor placement is not approved for sites other than the back of the arm and standard precautions for transmission of blood borne pathogens should be taken. The built-in blood glucose meter is not for use on dehydrated, hypotensive, in shock, hyperglycemic-hyperosmolar state, with or without ketosis, neonates, critically-ill patients, or for diagnosis or screening of diabetes. When using FreeStyle LibreLink app, access to a blood glucose monitoring system is required as the app does not provide one. Review all product information before use or contact Abbott toll-free 855-632-8658 or visit www.FreeStyleLibre.us for detailed indications for use and safety information. For full indications for use and safety information, visit https://www.FreeStyleLibre.us/safety-information.
The circular shape of the sensor housing, FreeStyle, Libre, and related brand marks are marks of Abbott. Other trademarks are property of their respective owners.