About the FreeStyle Libre 2 System:
- Now with optional, real-time glucose alarms† that notify you if you go too low or too high
- Unsurpassed 14 day accuracy1 for adults and children with diabetes (ages 4 and older)
- No confirmatory fingersticks* required for insulin dosing - even when glucose is low, falling, or rapidly changing1
- Easiest iCGM sensor to apply‡ with no in-person patient training required2
- More affordable CGM§ at one-third the cost of other CGMs‖
- A continuous glucose monitoring system FDA-cleared for adults and children with diabetes ages 4 years and above
- Easily check your glucose levels with a painless3 one-second scan instead of a fingerstick*
- A painless#3 1-second scan instead of fingersticks*
- Clinically proven outcomes#4 for children and teens (age 4 and older)
- Accurate, up-to-the minute sensor readings1
- Alarms† with no scanning
- Optional real-time glucose alarms† with accuracy1 you can trust
- Proven accuracy1 for children and teens (ages 4 and older) that caregivers can trust
Information for Adults:
- 95% of FreeStyle Libre 2 users report having a better understanding of his or her glucose fluctuations#5
- 92% of users feel the FreeStyle Libre 2 system makes managing meal-time glucose easier#5
FreeStyle Libre 2 Sensor Kit Contains:
- Sensor applicator
- Alcohol wipe
- Product information card
- Reader not included
* Fingersticks are required if your glucose alarms and readings do not match symptoms or when you see Check Blood Glucose symbol during the first 12 hours.
† Notifications will only be received when alarms are turned on and the sensor is within 20 feet of the reading device.
‡ Based on a comparison to Dexcom G6.
§ Based on a comparison of list prices of the FreeStyle Libre 2 system vs competitors CGM systems. The actual cost to patients may or may not be lower than other CGM systems, depending on the amount covered by insurance, if any.
‖ Based on a comparison of list prices of the FreeStyle Libre 2 system versus competitors CGM systems, assuming annual use of one receiver (or equivalent hardware) and quantity of transmitters and/or sensors according to use life.
# Data from this study was collected with the outside US version of the FreeStyle Libre 14 day system. FreeStyle Libre 2 has the same features as FreeStyle Libre 14 day system with optional real-time glucose alarms. Therefore the study data is applicable to both products.
- FreeStyle Libre 2 User's Manual.
- Data on file. Abbott Diabetes Care.
- Haak, T. Diabetes Therapy (2017): https://doi.org/10.1007/s13300-016-0223-6.
- Campbell, F. Pediatr Diabetes (2018): https://doi.org/10.1111/pedi.12735.
- Fokkert M, van Dijk P, Edens M, et al. Improved wellbeing and decreased disease burden after 1-year use of flash glucose monitoring (FLARE-NL4). BMJ Open Diab Res Care 2019;7:e000809. doi:10.1136/ bmjdrc-2019-000809.
Indications and Important Safety Information
The FreeStyle Libre 2 Flash Glucose Monitoring System is a continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) device with real time alarms capability indicated for the management of diabetes in persons age 4 and older.** WARNINGS/LIMITATIONS**: The System must not be used with automated insulin dosing (AID) systems, including closed loop and insulin suspend systems. Remove the sensor before MRI, CT scan, X-ray, or diathermy treatment. Do not take high doses of vitamin C (more than 500 mg per day), as this may falsely raise your Sensor readings. Failure to use the System according to the instructions for use may result in missing a severe low blood glucose or high blood glucose event and/or making a treatment decision that may result in injury. If glucose alarms and readings from the System do not match symptoms or expectations, use a fingerstick blood glucose value to make diabetes treatment decisions. Seek medical attention when appropriate and contact Abbott toll-free 855-632-8658 or visit ** www.FreeStyleLibre.us for detailed indications for use and safety information.
**Please refer to www.FreeStyleLibre.us for the indications and important safety information.
The circular shape of the sensor housing, FreeStyle, Libre, and related brand marks are marks of Abbott.