Kendall Curasorb Calcium Alginate Dressing 2x2 10/bx, Model # 9232 Absorbs exudate from wound, creating a protective gel and moist healing environment. Absorbs 20 times its weight. Sterile. It is easy and painless to remove with minimal tissue trauma. This wound dressing is designed to interact with sodium in the wound. This creates an ionic exchange and helps to jump-start the epithelialization process. The dressing can absorb approximately 20 times its own weight in exudate.
There is a gel block feature in the alginate wound dressing with a unique fiber configuration. This encourages vertical wicking, which pulls exudate straight through the dressing. It also allows a more efficient removal of exudate from the wound. The alginate dressing maintains integrity, allowing fast and easy removal and clean-up. The highly absorbent fluid binding maximizes wound fluid retention and removal. This allows for fewer wound dressing changes.
- Alginate Dressing Used in Wound Care
- Easy and Painless to Remove
- Minimal Tissue Trauma
- Designed to Interact with Sodium in the Wound
- Aids Jump-Start Epithelialization Process
- Absorbs Approximately 20 Times Its Own Weight in Exudate
- Gel Block Feature Encourages Vertical Wicking
- More Efficient Removal of Exudate
- Quick and Easy Removal and Clean-Up
- Allows for Fewer Wound Dressing Changes
- Aids Prevention of Maceration of Periwound
- High Calcium Levels Speed Hemostasis
- 10 per Box
- Manufacturer Part number: 9232
- Size: 2x2 Inch
There is minimal shrinkage in the calcium alginate dressing, helping to prevent maceration of the periwound. The unique calcium to sodium ratio proliferates the sodium-calcium exchange with the wound. This feature of the dressing donates calcium to the wound and removes sodium from the wound to regulate the wound bed. High calcium levels in the wound dressing speed hemostasis. It also has a stable gel formula, which makes for a higher percentage of guluronic levels. This feature allows for easier removal of the dressing while minimizing tissue trauma. In addition, it maximizes patient comfort during removal and debridement.