X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• galail.42tn
    replied
    Re:

Bed rest is a medical treatment involving a period of consistent recumbence in bed. It is used as a treatment for an illness or medical condition, especially when prescribed or chosen rather than resulting from severe prostration or imminent death.

Leave a comment:

• tsugumi
    replied
    Originally posted by Florentin View Post
    losing weight during pregnancy, especially during later months of the term, sounds unreal to me, almost scary.

How much did your baby weigh?
    I know! I'd be so scared if I were losing weight while I was pregnant. I wonder what effect weight loss would have on the baby? Does the baby still get all of the nutrients that it needs?

Leave a comment:

• Gladys
    replied
    Swelling is part of pregnancy.

I hated it. Elevation helps, having the baby REALLY helps.

I don't know how much of it is gestational diabetes.

Leave a comment:

• manojjonam10
    replied
    This is a unfortunate thing, especially occurring during pregnancy times.I don't know whether bed rest causes gestational diabetes.

Leave a comment:

• Florentin
    replied
    losing weight during pregnancy, especially during later months of the term, sounds unreal to me, almost scary.

How much did your baby weigh?

Leave a comment:

• shruti
    replied
    I agree with Graceydo.If they had adviced you bed rest then go for it.

Leave a comment:

• jhellie_baby
    replied
    Not only bedrest is needed, but also restriction from sweet foods and daily insulin medication.

Leave a comment:

• graceydo
    replied
    Was there any other reasons for the severe swelling, like preeclampsia? I had gestational diabetes plus developed preeclampsia my last two weeks. My doctor got worried and broke my water to hurry the birth up.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It seems kind of counterproductive to lose weight during pregnancy, but I understand why it happens. However if bed rest is the best suggestion, then it should probably be followed.

Leave a comment:

• jimmys devoted
    replied
    late stage gestational

I didnt know iI wa pregnant for five months, at 7 months i had a OGGT done because it ran in my family . They docovered I had bordering gestational but considered it full blown because of the history in my family.
    I was given a nice high pro diet and had to come in each week for an insulin shot and B viatmin shot. I wasnt placed on bed rest,. thouh I wanted it.

I actually lost weight during my pregnancy and with the shots.
    Each situation is different. I wonder if she was placed on insulin shots at all?

Leave a comment:

• bra
    started a topic Bed Rest

Bed Rest

My aunt was put on bed rest for two weeks and had severe swelling when she was pregnant. She was diagnosed with having gestational diabetes.
Working...
X