Bed Rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed Rest

My aunt was put on bed rest for two weeks and had severe swelling when she was pregnant. She was diagnosed with having gestational diabetes.

late stage gestational

I didnt know iI wa pregnant for five months, at 7 months i had a OGGT done because it ran in my family . They docovered I had bordering gestational but considered it full blown because of the history in my family.
    I was given a nice high pro diet and had to come in each week for an insulin shot and B viatmin shot. I wasnt placed on bed rest,. thouh I wanted it.

I actually lost weight during my pregnancy and with the shots.
    Each situation is different. I wonder if she was placed on insulin shots at all?

Comment

It seems kind of counterproductive to lose weight during pregnancy, but I understand why it happens. However if bed rest is the best suggestion, then it should probably be followed.

Comment

Was there any other reasons for the severe swelling, like preeclampsia? I had gestational diabetes plus developed preeclampsia my last two weeks. My doctor got worried and broke my water to hurry the birth up.

Comment

Not only bedrest is needed, but also restriction from sweet foods and daily insulin medication.

Comment

I agree with Graceydo.If they had adviced you bed rest then go for it.

Comment

losing weight during pregnancy, especially during later months of the term, sounds unreal to me, almost scary.

How much did your baby weigh?

Comment

This is a unfortunate thing, especially occurring during pregnancy times.I don't know whether bed rest causes gestational diabetes.

Comment

Swelling is part of pregnancy.

I hated it. Elevation helps, having the baby REALLY helps.

I don't know how much of it is gestational diabetes.

Comment

Originally posted by Florentin View Post
                    losing weight during pregnancy, especially during later months of the term, sounds unreal to me, almost scary.

How much did your baby weigh?
                    I know! I'd be so scared if I were losing weight while I was pregnant. I wonder what effect weight loss would have on the baby? Does the baby still get all of the nutrients that it needs?

Comment

Re:

Bed rest is a medical treatment involving a period of consistent recumbence in bed. It is used as a treatment for an illness or medical condition, especially when prescribed or chosen rather than resulting from severe prostration or imminent death.

Comment

Working...
                      X