Advantage II For Large Cats 6PK (9+ lbs - Purple - 6 Month Supply) starts killing fleas in an hour. Within 12 hours of initial application, 98-100 percent of all existing fleas on pets are dead. For fast relief for your pet, see your veterinarian and ask for Advantage II flea control.
For: Cats 8 weeks of age and older.
- Protects against flea infestations for up to one month
- Kills fleas on cats within 12 hours of initial application
- If your pet picks up fleas from another animal or from an infested environment, the fleas will be killed
- Helps reduce the risk of secondary problems such as flea allergy dermatitis
- No need to reapply after water exposure or a bath
- Convenient, once-a-month application
||5 to 9 lbs
||Over 9 lbs
How it works:
Use Advantage II monthly to kill fleas on your cat. One of its active ingredients, imidacloprid, acts on the nervous system of the flea to cause paralysis and subsequent death. The other active ingredient of Advantage II is pyriproxyfen, an insect growth regulator (IGR) that, in combination with imidacloprid, kills all flea life stages on the treated cat and its surroundings.
How to apply:
For additional product information, refer to the product label.
- Use only on cats and kittens. Do not use on other animals.
- Remove one applicator tube from the package. See "HOW TO OPEN" section.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
- Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
- Part the hair on the neck at the base of the skull until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents of the tube directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your cat's eyes or mouth. The product is bitter tasting and salivation may occur for a short time if the cat licks the product immediately after treatment. Treatment at the base of the skull will minimize the opportunity for the cat to lick the product.
- Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal.
- Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in cases of severe flea infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four weeks. Do not retreat more often than once every fourteen (14) days for kittens or once every seven (7) days for small and large cats. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
Advantage II should be used in a manner consistent with its labeling. Advantage II for cats should not be used on any other type of animal.