Smith and Nephew Acticoat Control Dressing 4"x4" with Nanocrystalline Silver is an absorbent antimicrobial dressing consisting of a silvercoated wound contact layer, a very absorbent foam and a waterproof top film. The Dressing can be used for partial and fullthickness wounds, such as pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, burns, and donor and recipient graft sights for up to 7 days. Box of 10. Pack of 6.
- New ACTICOAT Moisture Control eliminates threats to healing.
- Powerful antimicrobial barrier protection.
- Waterproof film with visible strikethrough indicates when dressing change is required.
- Highly absorbent hydrocellular technology wicks away excess exudate.
- Patented nanocrystalline technology sets ACTICOAT apart with proven bactericidal activity.
- Non-adhesive wound contact layer allows minimal pain on removal.
- Extra cushioning maximizes comfort.
- Easy to apply and remove.
- No hydration or cover dressing required.
- Maintains shape for faster, cleaner dressing changes.
- Provides 7-day wear time.
- Provides fast-acting, long-lasting antimicrobial barrier control.
- Effective barrier which may assist in preventing contamination of the wound.
- Laboratory studies show that the ACTICOAT dressing kills micro-organisms faster than conventional products such as silver sulfadiazine (1 percent cream) or silver nitrate (0.5%) solution. It has also been shown in-vitro to provide protection against more than 150 pathogens. The pathogens tested in the lab include very resistant strains of bacteria such as antibiotic-resistant strains of Pseudomonas, methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus and fungi. These pathogens have been known to sweep through a hospital and infect a great many patients with already weakened immune systems. Infections contracted during hospitalization caused by these so-called superbugs and other organisms cost North American taxpayers an estimated $18 billion a year in additional hospital care.
- ACTICOAT is versatile. The dressings can be cut to the desired shape and size to wrap around all body parts.
- The sustained release of silver also means fewer dressing changes, resulting in less exposure of the wound bed to the environment.
Manufacturer Name: Smith and Nephew
Manufacturer Model Number: 20311